Translate

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Today's Word & Prayer for Today's Christian

Three Reasons To Pray
Today’s Word
I love the LORD, because He hears my voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live. ~ Psalm 116:1-2
divider12 small
2012 Bishop OWP Post TransThe psalmist says three things before saying he will call upon God as long as he lives.  All three things lead to his desire to pray.
First, he says, “I love the Lord.”  His prayer life is motivated by love.  Then he says “He hears my voice and my supplications.”  He prays because he knows that he is not just wishing out loud.  Nor is his prayer simply a religious activity.  No! God is there and He’s listening. Third, he says, “He has inclined His ear to me.”  God is paying attention.  He cares about the issues we bring to Him.
As you begin each new day speak to God from your heart. Let your prayers be the expression of your love for Him and not just your need for Him. Go through the day with the confidence and assurance that God is listening to you and that He is paying attention to the concerns and issues in your life.
Today’s Prayer
Father, I pray to You today in the name of—*YeHoWsHua HaMashiach – Jesus the Christ.  I pray to You out of love for You and Your Word.  When I think of Your love for me and all You’ve done for me, I become emotional.  My soul shouts “Hallelujah!”  I cannot help but Love You because You first loved me.  When I was bad, You were good to me and You are good to me all of the time.  You hear me when I pray.  And You save me out of all my troubles.  I am astonished that You would be mindful of a wretch like me.  Yet, You are inclined to be concerned with my concerns and attentive my issues. You are an awesome God, great in mercies, kindness and love. Thank You Dear Father for loving me the way that You do.  Help me to demonstrate Your love for me in my love toward others.  May I never cease to call upon Your name in prayer.  This is my prayer today in the name of the LORD YeHoWsHua* (Jesus) the Christ, Amen.

______________________________________________________________________
Footnote:
The Hebrew spelling of the name of Christ is used in this prayer for educational purposes. Yehowshua is often shorten to Yeshua but out of respect for my Lord I chose to use the spelling of His proper name to demonstrate that His name s above every name and that even the spelling of His name is relative to the spelling of The Father’s name – remembering that there were not any vowels in the Hebrew alphabets. Thus, YHWH (Yahweh) and YeHoWsHua (Yahweh is salvation) are grammatically and uniquely related.
For more information of the authentic name of God, please follow the link below:
http://www.therockofmontgomery.org/Yahweh.html

____________________________________________________________
COPYRIGHT DISCLOSURE:
Bishop O.W. Prince and The O.W. Prince Ministries authorizes that this work along with all works posted on this blog and related blogs may be copied, redistributed and retransmitted in part or in whole for non-commercial purposes only and without change or alteration to its contents or materials  with the stipulation that the author and source be clearly acknowledged.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

No comments:

Post a Comment