Translate

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

                Life Hurts But God Heals!”
Psalm-32-7Scientists assert that sinkholes occur when the underground resources gradually dissolves, causing the surface soil to lose its underlying support.  Sinkholes may be formed gradually or suddenly.  Everything simply caves in — forming an ugly pit.
Depression and sinkholes have a lot in common.  Depression seems to overwhelm us with a vicious suddenness and sinking feeling. It is arguably the result of a malignant and constant process whereby inner resources are slowly depleted until one day there is nothing left. Our world caves in and we sink into depression.
Many believe depression is simply a spiritual problem while others insist that it is an emotional and physical disorder. I tend to think that the emotional and physical disorders of depression are related to a spiritual problem.
I further believe that the first step in dealing with depression is to admit it. We must recognize the factors that trigger depression; a lack of replenishing relationships, various chemical imbalances, and a poor self-image, just to name a few. One of the most common and deadly factors is failure to deal with the past. 
John 14_27 RevMany Christians are under the false impression that it is a sin to be depressed and so they bury their pain alive denying the truth about themselves and denying the promises of God. They deny unresolved anger, hidden sins, pains of loneliness and rejection, haunting failures, unreasonable fears or the ache of a devastating loss. But when we bury our sins and pains alive, they keep resurrecting at unexpected moments — impeding our progress and impacting our behavior.  Pains and sins must be dealt with, confronted, repented of, crucified and buried…dead!
The psalmist knew this spiritual truth and wrote:
3 When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. 4 For day and night your hand was heavy on me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. 5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD.” And you forgave the guilt of my sin. ~ Psalm 32:3-5
We are challenged today to confront our past sins and pains, trusting and depending on the God of Forgiveness who says, “I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” (Hebrews 8:12)
It pays to come clean with the Lord and with ourselves.
As for me, I was depressed but…
Today’s Word
“I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.  He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.” (Psalm 40:1-2, NIV)
Today’s Prayer
Father, I pray to You today in the name of—YeHoWsHua HaMashiach* - The Anointed One From God – Jesus the Christ.  Father, I am tired of the dark depression and anxiety in my life.  I cry out to You O Lord.  Please help me deal with the mud and mire of my past.  Heal my heart and soul and mind of the pollution and corruption of the past.  Help me to trust in You O Lord.  I am no longer willing to be a prisoner of my past sins, hurts, disappointments, failures, rejections and  fears.  I confess all things to You today and I repent of my past.  Help me to die to my former life.  Heal the wounds that have hurt for far too long.  Help me to become the new creation in You.  I believe You will work all things together for Your glory and my good.  This is my prayer in the name of the LORD YeHoWsHua* (Jesus) the Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment