Translate

Friday, February 3, 2012

Are You Delivered From The Judgement of Others?

2012 Bishop OWP FBaDo you allow yourself to slip back into a life that is driven by guilt and the expectations of others?
In Paul’s letter to the Church in Galatia, he addresses a congregation of people who have spent their whole lives driven by religious legalism and religious guilt.  Even though they had come into the freedom of Jesus Christ, there was still the constant pull and influence of their past gripping their emotions.  There was still the constant feeling that it is alright to feel guilty.
You may have grown up driven by religious guilt also, or maybe it is relational guilt that drives you because of the family environment you grew up in or because of a failed marriage or because of some sexual immorality.
Yes, the Bible teaches that we have broken God’s eternal moral laws (The Ten Commandments) and are legally guilty before God and deserve His judgment.  But for the obedient children of God, that legal guilt has been completely removed by Christ, who took our guilt and died for our sins on the cross. 1-John-2-28
 Your Christian life is not about being guilt-driven into a life of religious performance and denominational compliance.  No!  It is about being born-again; obeying God; loving God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength (Acts 2:38).
We are encouraged today to reject any attempts by others to guilt us into a religious way of life.  We are instructed to reject the condemning and negative judgment of others about our former lives which are now hidden in Christ Jesus (Colossians 3:3).
We are to stop living beneath our privilege and start living as if we are forgiven.
If in deed we have repented, been baptized into the name of Jesus Christ and filled with the Holy Spirit, we are new creatures – reborn Free from Guilt and Sin!

Today’s Word

It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery. – Galatians 5:1 (NAS)

Today’s Prayer

Father, I pray to You today in the name of—*YeHoWsHua HaMashiach – The Anointed One From God – Jesus the Christ. Father, I am grateful for the privilege to be called Your child.  I want to thank You forgiving me of all of my sins and trespasses through Christ Jesus. Help me O God to reject the guilt of the past and embrace the freedom that comes through obedience to Your Holy Word. I want to be free from the opinions of others — the guilt of former sins and the shame of former relationships. Empower me by Thy Holy Spirit to change the way I see myself and help me to see myself through Your eyes–forgiven. Please strengthen me and give me the power to reject all of the devices of Satan that seek to enslave me again to fear, guilt and shame. This is my prayer in the name of the LORD YeHoWsHua* (Jesus) the Christ, Amen.

bar47
Footnote:
The Hebrew spelling of the name of Christ is used in this prayer for educational purposes. Yehowshua is often shorten to Yeshua but out of respect for my Lord I chose to use the spelling of His proper name to demonstrate that His name s above every name and that even the spelling of His name is relative to the spelling of The Father’s name – remembering that there were not any vowels in the Hebrew alphabets. Thus, YHWH (Yahweh) and YeHoWsHua (Yahweh is salvation) are grammatically and uniquely related.
For more information of the authentic name of God, please follow the link below:
http://www.therockofmontgomery.org/Yahweh.html

No comments:

Post a Comment