Translate

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"The Power of Patience"

wait slide-02
Today’s Word
Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. The farmer waits for the precious produce of the soil, being patient about it, until it gets the early and late rains. You too be patient; strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is near. James 5:7-8
divider12 small
2012 Bishop OWP Post TransWe all know that patience isn’t easy, or fun.  But it is the pathway of the wise.  It usually involves a decision to do one of the hardest things for a Christians to do—nothing.  It requires us to be still and know that we are not God.

As I read this lesson in James I was reminded of the children of Israel who spent 40 years in the wilderness.  I grant you that 40 years in a desert is a long time to wait for anything, particularly a promised new home.  So they grumbled. They longed for the old ways, even though those ways meant bondage and slavery. 

Parenthetically speaking, we often want to return to the familiar, even if it means returning to abuse, especially if the future isn’t readily forthcoming.

The children of Israel were not any different.  They nagged their leadership to return to the slavery of Egypt.  They sought unproductive solutions and they always felt that they had to do something to take control of their own situation.  They had forgotten the miracles that the Lord had wrought in Egypt to facilitate their freedom.  They had forgotten their miraculous deliverance at the Red Sea.  They didn’t bother to meditate on the way God provided them food and water in the desert or the fact that their clothes never wore out.  Therefore, a grumbling, impatient generation was forced to wonder in the desert until death-never entering into the promise of God-while God raised up a new generation to receive His promise.
 
Patience is one of the fruits of the Spirit.  Patience prevents rash judgment and judgmentalism.  It secures a plan.  It is a non-action and yet a conscious exercise of free will.  Patience is trust and assurance in God and the expectation that faith will be rewarded.

Let us wait patiently for the Lord, remembering the miracles He has done to bring us thus far along the way.  Let us remember that He has begun a great work in us and that He will not leave us incomplete, no matter how long it takes. 

Wait and see. “You will know that I am the LORD; Those who hopefully wait for Me will not be put to shame (Isaiah 49:23).”

Today’s Prayer
Father, I pray to You today in the name of—*YeHoWsHua HaMashiach – Jesus the Christ.  I thank You for hearing my cry and coming to my rescue.  Please forgive my impatience and hurried attitude.  Help me to wait patiently on You O Lord.   Help me to trust in Your unfailing Love and Your tender mercies.  I know that You hear and answer prayers.  Hear and answer my prayer today O God.  Set my feet in sure places.   As I wait on You, renew my Strength and place a song of praise in my heart.  Help me to remember how You’ve brought me thus far by Faith.  Come quickly to my rescue and save me from my enemies.  Complete the great work in me that You’ve begun through Christ Jesus.  Don’t let my enemies triumph over me but incline thine ears to my cry and honor my patience.  Empower me to soar above the plots of the enemy; to run and not get weary; to walk and not faint.  This is my prayer today in the name of the LORD YeHoWsHua* (Jesus) the Christ, Amen.
____________________________________________________
Footnote:
The Hebrew spelling of the name of Christ is used in this prayer for educational purposes. Yehowshua is often shorten to Yeshua but out of respect for my Lord I chose to use the spelling of His proper name to demonstrate that His name s above every name and that even the spelling of His name is relative to the spelling of The Father’s name – remembering that there were not any vowels in the Hebrew alphabets. Thus, YHWH (Yahweh) and YeHoWsHua (Yahweh is salvation) are grammatically and uniquely related.
For more information of the authentic name of God, please follow the link below:
http://www.therockofmontgomery.org/Yahweh.html

____________________________________________________________
COPYRIGHT DISCLOSURE:
Bishop O.W. Prince and The O.W. Prince Ministries authorizes that this work along with all works posted on this blog and related blogs may be copied, redistributed and retransmitted in part or in whole for non-commercial purposes only and without change or alteration to its contents or materials  with the stipulation that the author and source be clearly acknowledged.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

No comments:

Post a Comment