Translate

Monday, February 13, 2012

Today's Word & Prayer for Today's Christian

“Consider this: The Father has given us his love. He loves us so much that we are actually called God’s dear children. And that’s what we are.” ~ 1 John 3:1 (GW)
divider12 small
2012 Bishop OWP Post TransHave you ever noticed that you are never a grown-up to the ones who birthed you? They completely disregard the gray hairs, crowfeet, and bulging waistlines of your adult life. No matter how many children call you “Dad” or “Mom,” to your parents you are still just a child yourself. 


They seem to think you have slipped into the closet to put on grown-up clothes and are really just playing a game. They must believe that somewhere beneath the receding hairline there is still a child, hiding in the shadows of adulthood. The worst part about it is (keep this quiet) I think they are right! 

And like our parents, the Lord looks beyond our façade and sees the trem­bling places in our lives. He knows our innermost needs. No matter how spiritually mature we try to appear, He is still aware that lurking in the shadows is an insecure little girls who needs her Father to tell her that he loves her and he is going to make everything alright. He is aware that beneath the façade of brawny masculinity is a little boy who needs his Father to reassure him of his manhood and tell him that he is the image and glory of his daddy. God is aware of the hidden issues of His “all grown-up” little children. 

Romans 838 the love of GodThe Father understands the hidden fears, insecurities, anxieties, hurts, anger and feeling of revenge that lurks in each of us from time to time. He is aware of the worst in us, yet still thinks the best of us.

He understands the child in us, and He speaks to our blanket-clutching, thumb­-sucking, infantile needs. In spite of our maturity, income, edu­cation, or notoriety, He still speaks to the childhood issues of our aging hearts. 

The Father’s Love Never Fails.

Today’s Prayer
Father, I pray to You today in the name of—*YeHoWsHua HaMashiach – Jesus the Christ.  I thank you for adopting me into Your family and for calling me Your child. I am grateful for the privilege to be called a child of God. And like a child I am still growing and learning. I need Your guidance and instruction to help me navigate this tedious life. I am unsure of my myself and I need Your reassurance. I have strayed from the path You’ve chosen for me and I need You to lead me back to the path of righteousness. I have even been rebellious at times and now I repent and I need You to forgive me O God. Have mercy on me. No one knows me like You do. Speak to the issues of my heart and heal all of my hurts and pains. Daddy, I need You and I need You now! Help me to become more and more like You—to look and sound like You and to walk in the knowledge and power of my birthright. This is my prayer today in the name of the LORD YeHoWsHua* (Jesus) the Christ, Amen.
____________________________________________________
Footnote:
The Hebrew spelling of the name of Christ is used in this prayer for educational purposes. Yehowshua is often shorten to Yeshua but out of respect for my Lord I chose to use the spelling of His proper name to demonstrate that His name s above every name and that even the spelling of His name is relative to the spelling of The Father’s name – remembering that there were not any vowels in the Hebrew alphabets. Thus, YHWH (Yahweh) and YeHoWsHua (Yahweh is salvation) are grammatically and uniquely related.
For more information of the authentic name of God, please follow the link below:
http://www.therockofmontgomery.org/Yahweh.html
____________________________________________________________
COPYRIGHT DISCLOSURE:
Bishop O.W. Prince and The O.W. Prince Ministries authorizes that this work along with all works posted on this blog and related blogs may be copied, redistributed and retransmitted in part or in whole for non-commercial purposes only and without change or alteration to its contents or materials  with the stipulation that the author and source be clearly acknowledged.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

No comments:

Post a Comment