Translate

Friday, December 19, 2014

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.


I have made a terrible mistake and must rebuke myself.

It just occurred to me that I have been going at this thing of homosexuality and same-sex marriages all wrong.

You know that the way that you word things and the passion with which you word them can be interpreted as either hostile and confrontational or friendly and inviting.

I believe that the majority of what is said against homosexuality and same-sex marriages has been the former. We (Christians for Sexual Holiness and Purity) are always attacking homosexuals but we seldom invite them into our revelation of God and His Righteousness. We excommunicate them before they are even in fellowship of the Church.

How can they hear the Word unless we who have the Spirit of Christ speak the Word in Love to them? Admonishing, but with a kind loving and respectful voice. Teaching carefully and with patience, remembering the patience that God has with us; always depending upon the guidance of the Holy Spirit who is the True Teacher.

We who are mature in the FAITH can be faithful to our God and The Spirit of Holiness without being insulting and disrespectful to others and their beliefs. We can correct, rebuke and encourage without being confrontational argumentative and angry. We have the Spirit of Christ. Therefore we have the Spirit of Peace. And we should come in peace to bring the Good News of Peace to a world and a people lost in sin.

How else will they hear us?

I don’t want to listen to someone who is always attacking me verbally and diminishing me as a human being. I need someone to encourage me sometimes while correcting my errors in a respectful manner that allows me to hear what is being said and see the errors of my ways. I don’t need anybody trying to humiliate me or shame me or browbeat me into submission. I can’t find an example of Christ or his Apostles preaching or teaching in an antagonistic manner.

We can preach and teach the Truth of God’s Word, Will and Way without compromise or cowardice but our tone must be grounded in God’s inviting Love. We are to reflect the sacrifice and longsuffering of Christ toward us in our approach to witnessing to anybody.

Once you get a revelation of this, your voice and tone will change from that of an enemy to that of a friend.

The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ But wisdom is proved right by her deeds.” (Matthew 11:19)

Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage–with great patience and careful instruction. (2 Timothy 4:2)
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, And he who is wise wins souls.
~Proverbs 11:30~

No comments:

Post a Comment